One of our own main goals when promoting things on our Facebook Page is to get new referrals from the current fans. Re-engaging them in the conversation is another goal.
It’s good to know, though, that there are strict rules being enforced for your marketing campaigns and promotions on Facebook. You may find them listed on the official page, look for the link at the end of this article.
There are many creative ways to initiate a marketing campaign on Facebook, here are some of them that we enjoyed crafting, launching and monitoring for our clients during the past years:
- Welcome Page (or Landing Page). A good welcome page nicely presenting your products and services is a great way to attract people to Like your page.
- Welcome Page with hidden campaign information until after people click Like. The campaign’s details or a contest’s additional information may be hidden in your Welcome Page until after people click Like. It’s an automated process and is a common-sense way to have them follow your Facebook Page’s updates while winning something useful for them.
- Custom forms, widgets, sections and Facebook automation integrations. Most of the forms and interactivity features Facebook is using on their own standard pages may be integrated into your Facebook Page, to add more creativity and interactivity with your fans. Commenting systems for guests visiting your Welcome Page, displaying a portfolio of your Facebook Page’s photo albums, listing your Facebook Page’s wall entries on the Welcome Page along with short descriptions of your business, products or services are just few of the ways you may add more sense for people becoming your fans and following your status updates.
- Integrations with off-line campaigns. If you ask us, this is an absolute requirement for a successful marketing campaign. You may connect your off-line campaign materials with your Facebook Page’s fans in many creative ways, to ensure the best impact of your marketing efforts.
- Merge your main website or blog’s content with your Facebook Page. Interconnect your online channels to provide additional exposure to your content you carefully crafted for your customers.
- Add video content to your campaign. No need for more words. Videos always work in a marketing campaign.
- Vertical tall banner. This approach might soon be made less attractive by the new Facebook Page style’s introduction where all the tabs will be moved under the profile avatar (just like on the user’s new page), but it still is a method to add more graphical information about what exactly your Facebook Page is about.
- Use QR codes to expand your communications. Print them on all your off-line materials to drive traffic to any of your online content for your marketing campaign, either your videos, your Facebook Page, your Foursquare venue location page, your Twitter account, you name them. More and more people are using QR codes mobile scanners these days, and they will soon become a very popular and handy tool for both marketers and customers looking for additional multimedia and interactive information about a promotion.
There are more other methods we have applied to our client’s custom online marketing campaigns and we enjoyed helping them broaden their vision in regards to additional options for their successful marketing campaign.
Proven technical skills, mixed with suggestions coming from our strategic partners specialized in online marketing or advanced graphics, combined with a good approach of measuring a campaign’s impact, may result in a great outcome for your advertising campaign.
Yes, you may attempt to do them yourself (make sure you take every aspect into consideration, and definitely don’t hurt your brand) or ask us about more details on how to craft custom marketing campaigns.
Resource: the official page for Facebook promotions guidelines.